Sunday, March 15, 2009

Washington, DC St. Patrick's Day Parade

Nothing like a St. Patrick's Day parade in weather much like the Mother Land's...cold and rainy!
Although the weather was not ideal for us Florida natives, we were not going to let that "rain on our parade." We had a blast catching candy and beads thrown out at us and watching the Bag Pipers, Irish dancers, the fire and police forces, and most of all our Military heroes celebrate our favorite holiday. Great memories were definitely made today!

Aunt Bridie, Katie, and Liam ready for a parade

Liam intensely watches the parade go by

Check out all those kids in uniform!

It wouldn't be a St. Patrick's Day parade without bag pipers!

Candy and bead catching was the most popular thing

Aunt Bridie and Liam catching candy...
(this was more entertaining to watch than the parade itself)

Aunt Bridie and Liam watching the Irish dancers

Aunt Bridie cheering on the parade

Woo hoo...Fairfax County Police
(may I stay citation free...)

A most flattering picture of Aunt Bridie and Liam watching the parade

This one's for Kevin
(I like this band too kid!)

"Hello people, I'm Irish...throw me some beads already!"

Hooray for Fairfax County Fire and Rescue

Liam and Aunt Bridie waiting for the Metro

"Are you sure we're not lost?"

Oh yeah...so, once again I have to be grateful for the handy dandy camera phone. Sadly I packed my camera WITHOUT the battery and Bridie's camera battery died about 4 pictures into the parade. Like the weather, that wasn't going to stop us from having a good time and pictorially documenting the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home