Monday, March 02, 2009

2 March 2009 - The BIG snow!

It snowed A LOT last night and continued on through out the day.
Liam and I decided that we would give sledding a try down the wee hill at the Washington Monument. Not only was it absolutely sub-arctic, the hill didn't serve to be useful either...or it could have been we were using storage container tops as sleds.
We did have fun on our Wintery Adventure...regardless of our frozen numb faces, fingers, and toes. Next year we'll be better equipped to sled successfully and NOT freeze while trying.

Our balcony
Our car lost in the snow
Florida? I don't think so...
The only time bare trees are pretty in the winter...when they are coated in fresh snow
Our bikes...which are stored UNDER the stairs and still managed to get covered in snow
Liam FREEZING yet still standing still so I could take his picture
Liam and TTT decided that standing on our "sled" was better than having their feet in the snow
One Chilly Dog!
Jumping into waist high snow
Early bloomed Cherry Blossoms in the snow
according to Liam, he could have been killed while I was trying to take this picture...not likely though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home